Travel Awards - Eligibility and Application Process
VKC Travel Awards supplement other funding sources. Applications (letter of request) will be considered for travel to present at scientific conferences or meetings beginning January
15, 2014. A Travel Award will not exceed $250, and an Affiliate is eligible for a single Award
between annual Science Days. Travel Awards are available on a first-come, first-served basis until funds set aside for this purpose are fully committed.
Graduate students and postdoctoral fellows:
- Who are engaged in research with a VKC Investigator or Member
- Who are VKC Affiliates (i.e., who presented a poster at Vanderbilt Kennedy Center
Science Day, January 14, 2014)
- Who will use the funds to travel to a research conference at which the Affiliate is making a presentation
The VKC Affiliate submits a letter of request, co-signed by the VKC Investigator or Member with whom the trainee is conducting research. The letter should describe how the travel award would be used (conference title, location, dates, presentation title), and how the trainee’s research interests and research training would be served.
Letter of request should be submitted to Jan Rosemergy, VKC Deputy Director, for review and decision. (email@example.com; 322-8238; PMB 40, 230
- VKC Communications will notify Affiliate of decision. If a Travel Award is made, instructions for payment will be included in award letter.
Jan Rosemergy, Ph.D., (615) 322-8238
Vanderbilt Kennedy Center Links
- Vanderbilt Kennedy Center Science Day
An event providing a scientific forum for VKC faculty, their graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows. Science day promotes research collaboration and provides faculty and trainees with an opportunity to present significant research findings.
- Opportunities for Students and Researchers
Fellowships, grants, guest lectures, research, academic training and more are available at the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center.