Travel Awards - Eligibility and Application Process
VKC Travels Awards supplement other funding sources. Applications (letter of request) will be considered for travel to scientific conferences held in the period between the most recent VKC Science Day and the next annual VKC Science Day. Travel awards will not exceed $250. Travel Awards are available on a first-come, first-serve basis until funds set aside for this purpose are fully committed.
Undergraduate students, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and UCEDD and LEND trainees:
- who are engaged in research with a VKC Investigator or Member
- who presented at the most recent VKC Science Day and thereby are VKC Affiliates
- who will use the funds to travel to a research conference at which the trainee is making a presentation.
A VKC Affiliate is eligible for one Travel Award annually.
- The VKC Affiliate submits a letter of request, co-signed by the VKC Investigator or Member with whom the trainee is conducting research. The letter should describe how the travel award would be used, and how the trainee’s research interests and research training would be served. The letter should be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance of the conference. A travel award cannot be used retroactively for a conference already attended. A travel award made in one fiscal year but not used cannot be carried over for eligibility in the subsequent fiscal year.
- Letter of request should be submitted to Jan Rosemergy, VKC Deputy Director and Director of Communications, for review and decision. (firstname.lastname@example.org; 322-8238; PMB 40, 230 Appleton Place)
- VKC Communications will notify trainee of decision. If a Travel Award is made, instructions for payment will be included in award letter
Jan Rosemergy, Ph.D., (615) 322-8238
Vanderbilt Kennedy Center Links