Date: November 01, 2008
Time: 9:00AM to 11:00AM
Location: Room 241 Vanderbilt Kennedy Center/MRL Building
For families with children 12 and under.
A 2-hour orientation session to provide support regardless of diagnosis.
Presenter who works in field will orient parents/caregivers to:
• Important terms, definitions, and relevant laws
• People-first language and civil rights issues
• Sources of information and support
• Federal, state, and local non-profit agencies
Experienced parent presenter will discuss:
• Choices that lead to more positive outcomes
• Notebook with resources
Free and open to the public.
Childcare is available with 48-hour notice. Contact (615) 936-8852.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Lynnette Henderson, Ph.D., (615) 936-0448