TRIAD Workshop: Autism Assessment in Educational Settings
Middle Tennessee - July 8-9
Vanderbilt’s Treatment and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders (TRIAD) will provide a two-day workshop designed specifically for School Psychologists and other professionals involved in the educational classification process (e.g., Speech and Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, teachers who play a formal role on the assessment team) in the public schools. This workshop opportunity is sponsored by the Tennessee Department of Education.
This no-cost workshop will combine didactic instruction, small group discussion, application activities, and video examples in order to:
- Identify core deficits of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in school-age students
- Identify characteristics and behaviors of ASD that impact assessment and function in school
- Become familiar with current research concerning ASD
- Review current information regarding available screening measures for ASD
- Become familiar with components of multi-disciplinary ASD assessment and how to select appropriate measures and components based on age, language level, assessment purposes, etc.
- Learn about evidence-based recommendations and interventions appropriate for students diagnosed with ASD
Deadline for registration is June 24, two weeks prior to Day 1 of the workshop, or until full.
Research and Disability Topics