This Capacity Building Institute (CBI) is an opportunity to lay the groundwork for creating an inclusive postsecondary education program for individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
Targeted to institutes of higher education, disability support service professionals, transition coordinators, and others supporting post-secondary education (PSE) development.
The CBI includes:
- National perspective presented by Cate Weir, Coordinator, Think College at Institute for Community Inclusion, University of Massachusetts-Boston
- Updates from University of Tennessee FUTURES and Next Steps at Vanderbilt’s PSE programs
- North Carolina PSE Model presented by leaders of their statewide movement, Deborah Zuver, Co-Director Project STIR, and Donna Yerby, Carolina Institute for Developmental Disabilities. Information about their eight current PSE options for students with I/DD, and the momentum of their PSE Alliance
- Creating capacity to support and network in each region and across the state to highlight and acknowledge inclusive, continued learning of students with I/DD
- Follow-up allows CBI participants to make plans to attend summer working session.
Organized by Think College. Co-sponsors:
- VKC University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities
- Tennessee Technology Center
- Tennessee Council on Developmental Disabilities
- University of Tennessee
Cost $40 includes light breakfast, lunch, and materials.
For more information about the institute, contact (615) 936-8852 or email@example.com.
Registration deadline: April 23, 2012.
Laurie Fleming, (615) 936-8852
Research and Disability Topics