- Attend all weekly sessions
- Shadow an advocate at a special education meeting
- Advocate for four families of children with disabilities
Training will cover:
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- State law
- No Child Left Behind
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
Fall 2011 dates
(Saturdays, from 9 a.m-3 p.m. CST):
- September 10, 2011
- September 24, 2011
- October 8, 2011
- October 22, 2011
- November 5, 2011
- November 19, 2011
The training is held twice every year in multiple sites across the state.
For more information, visit http://kc.vanderbilt.edu/kennedy/vap/ or contact email@example.com.
Click the link at the bottom of this page to view and print an application. If you have questions about the application, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vanderbilt Kennedy Center Links
- Volunteer Advocacy Project
Now accepting applications for fall 2011. The Volunteer Advocacy Project trains volunteers as advocates to provide instrumental and effective support to parents of children with disabilities.
Printable Materials and Resources