The Eunice Kennedy Shriver Intellectual Developmental Disabilities Research Centers Web Portal
The portal is a password-protected, private, interactive website designed to enhance communication among researchers affiliated with the national network of Eunice Kennedy Shriver Intellectual Developmental Disabilities Research Centers (EKSIDDRCs).
- Searchable directory of all EKSDDRCs, including a description of each center, its cores, and detailed profiles of investigators highlighting their research and areas of expertise
- Interactive modules for news and events where users can view and post items of interest to the EKSIDDRC community, including a regularly updated list of grant opportunities
- Libraries to store and share documents such as meeting notes, articles, conference proceedings and information on studies currently underway. Each library includes a document management system for collaboration on research, proposals and publications produced within and among EKSIDDRCs.
- Discussion boards for conversing about topics of interest to research teams and staff of individual centers or the entire EKSIDDRC network.
- Private "mini-portals" for self-organizing research sub-networks of any size to form "virtual" work groups on specific topics related to developmental disabilities