Working on Rapid Language Development
Who Can Participate:
We looking for parent(s) and their 12 to 42-month-old children with:
- Typical language and thinking skills
- Language delays and typical thinking skills
Compensation for Participants:
All children (with and without language delays) will receive:
- Complete language assessments 4 times over 16 months at NO charge.
- Assessment reports that tell you if your child needs additional help, and if so, where to find help.
- Some money for your time.
Children with language delays:
- Will be randomly chosen to receive KidTalk intervention or will be referred for community-based intervention.
- Will receive 24-28, 1-hour KidTalk intervention sessions, 2 times per week, where parents learn language teaching strategies, if assigned to the intervention group.