Joint Attention, Enhanced Milieu Teaching and Expanding Play
Who Can Participate:
We are looking for parent(s) and their 5 to 8-year-old children:
- Have a diagnosis of Autism, ASD, or PDD-NOS
- Have less than 20 words that they use functionally and spontaneously
- Whose parents are willing to be taught the intervention and use it with their children.
- Whose parents are willing to come to Vanderbilt for intervention and assessments.
Compensation for Participants:
- Children will be randomly chosen to receive a verbal language intervention or an intervention using a communication device (AAC).
- Parents will be trained to use one of the language interventions.
- All children will receive 45-minute intervention sessions, twice a week, for 6 months.
- All testing and intervention are at no charge.
Click on the image below for a downloadable PDF of the flyer.