The 47th Annual Gatlinburg Conference
The Gatlinburg Conference continues its tradition as one of the premier conferences in the United States for behavioral scientists conducting research in intellectual and related developmental disabilities.
- Date: March 5-7, 2014
- Location:Hotel Allegro, Chicago, Illinois
- Theme: The Co-occurrence of Mental Illness and Developmental Disability
- To see the slideshow from the 2013 conference, click here.
- To download the 2013 program book that includes symposium abstracts, click here.
- To download the 2013 poster abstracts, click here.
All PDFs are searchable by using CTRL+F (hold down the Ctrl button and F button on your keyboard at the same time.)
If you have questions, please contact our staff.
About the Gatlinburg Conference
The Gatlinburg Conference on Research and Theory in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities was established in the 1960's as a forum for the exchange of scientific findings and as a mechanism to promote scientific networking.
The overall aims of the conference:
- Promote exchange of information regarding the latest findings in behavioral & biobehavioral research on the causes, prevention and interventions for intellectual disability and related developmental disabilities.
- Further our understanding of the manifestations of those disabilities.
- Better characterize the contexts in which people with disabilities and their families live.
- Promote collaboration among behavioral scientists.
- Provide a major training resource for graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and other junior scientists entering the field of intellectual disabilities research.
Want to know what attending a Gatlinburg Conference might be like? See a program from a previous conference.
Executive Committee and Conference Organizers
The conference is currently organized by the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center.
Gatlinburg Conference Chair:
Elisabeth Dykens, Ph.D., Vanderbilt Kennedy Center Director
The Vanderbilt Kennedy Center wishes to thank the following for their financial support of the 46th Gatlinburg Conference:
- The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health & Human Development
- University of Kansas Life Span Institute, Kansas Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Research Center
- Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities Research Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- University of Wisconsin, Waisman Center