Recent publications - The following publications are a great place to start for anyone wanting to know more about the Developmental Stuttering Project's recent projects and for an idea of where we are likely to be heading.
- Arnold, H. S., Conture, E. G., Kay, A. P., & Walden, T. (2011). Emotional reactivity, regulation and childhood stuttering: A behavioral and electrophysiological study. Journal of Communication Disorders, 44, 276-293. PMID: 21276977
- Clark, C., Conture, E., Frankel, C., & Walden, T. (2012). Communicative and psychological dimensions of the KiddyCAT. Journal of Communicative Disorders, 45, 223-34. PMID: 22333753
- Conture, E. G., & Walden, T. A. (2012). Dual diathesis-stressor model of stuttering. In Bellakova, L., & Filatova, Y. (Eds.) Theoretical Issues of Fluency Disorders (pp. 94-127). Moscow: National Book Centre.
- Conture, E., Kelly, E., & Walden, T. (in press). Temperament, speech and language: An overview. Journal of Communication Disorders. NIHMS431778, PMID23273707, doi: 10.1016/j.jcomdis.2012.11.002. [Epub ahead of print].
- Johnson, K. N., Conture, E., & Walden, T. (2012). Efficacy of attention regulation in preschool-age children who stutter: A preliminary investigation. Journal of Communication Disorders, 45, 263-278. PMID: 22560538
- Johnson, K. N., Walden, T. A., Conture, E. G., & Karrass, J. (2010). Spontaneous regulation of emotions in preschool children who stutter: Preliminary findings. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, 53, 1478-1495. PMID: 20643793
- Ntourou, K., Conture, E. G., & Lipsey, M. W. (2011). Language abilities of children who stutter: A meta-analytical review. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 20, 163-179. PMID: 21478281
- Richels, C., Buhr, A., Conture, E., & Ntourou, K. (2010). Utterance complexity and stuttering on function words in preschool-age children who stutter. Journal of Fluency Disorders, 35, 314-331.PMID: 20831974
- Walden, T. A., Frankel, C. B., Buhr, A P., Johnson, K. N., Conture, E. G., & Karrass, J. M. (2012). Dual diathesis-stressor model of emotional and linguistic contributions to developmental stuttering. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 45, 223-234. PMID: 2201620
Researchers may request access to a Developmental Stuttering Project dataset for various educational and research purposes. Please follow the link below to learn more and request access.