- Get comfortable! Lie on the floor or sit up straight.
- Put one hand on your chest and the other hand over your belly.
- Breathe in through your nose, 1..2..3..4. When you breathe in,
feel your belly rise like a balloon blowing up. Watch your hand on your belly
rise, while the hand on your chest stays still.
- Breathe out slowly through your nose 1..2..3..4. Feel your belly
go back in, like a balloon deflating.
- Keep breathing like this a few more times.
- The more you practice…the easier it will become!
Giving your child a visual will help
make practicing deep breathing more enjoyable and easier for your child to
follow. This can also provide a distraction during stressful doctor’s visits.